Sunday, March 08, 2009

hoopla

So, I'm a few months into my internship and I am already WAAAAYYYY behind. It's bad too, because I'm so busy that I'm not worried about it. I need to be worried about it!! This is a class with tons of papers, observations, etc...and it counts for 6 hours of credit! I'll be mad at myself if I blow my 4 point in grad school just because I was busy and tired of school.

- Anyway, tomorrow we start cooking again. This time it's with my spring semester students. There are a few that I'm a liiiittle worried about...but that's just between me and you.
- The week after cooking lab is the week of cheer tryouts. I'm excited about this because last year all of this happened before I was hired.
- The week after tryouts is the week of spring break! whoohoooo!!! I have no plans but I am still completely excited! I'll probably just spend the week getting caught up (and hopefully ahead) with my aforementioned internship work...maybe get a hair cut...who knows - I'm living on the edge.

OH! Side note - I'm glad Quest Crew won America's Best Dance Crew, but I'm sad Beat Freaks lost...both groups were awesome! This show makes me wish there was some dance studio who had hip-hop classes for adults - just for exercise and fun - no need for recitals and all that hoopla.


My student quote for this post is the answer that was given on a test:
Q: When is a time you may feel more than one emotion? Explain.
A: All I can say is, every rose has it's thorn.

That's all for now. Goodnight.

3 comments:

cara said...

Give me a heads up next time you come around, then....

Yes, I was sad too!

Luke said...

i love the quotes from your students....keep them coming

Ray said...

Haven't seen you in forever. Glad to see you are still blog'n.
Catcha later!

just so you know.. the "random" word verification I just had to type in to post this was "sucks". No kidding. How weird.